Souldrop Village Hall and adjoining house (former school and school house) is now a Grade II listed building. Built in 1868 by the Duke of Bedford, it saw some modernisation in 1911. Made of gault brick, tile roof, and some reconstituted stone dressings. The school room has a gable end facing the High Street. ‘This has projecting gablet over clock dated 1911 in pediment formed by continuation of raised eaves course from side elevations’. Between the gables is a lean-to hood over the doorway. It has several tall single and double shafted chimneys.” ref 10 .
Next: The Bedford Arms
© Ella Jo Street